Until not long ago Russia was considered a taboo destination for people with disabilities. The modernization of the main cities in the new millennium has allowed to remove many architectural barriers and to better equip hotels and cultural sites.
Russian airports are among the most equipped areas for travelers with disabilities, there are also special waiting rooms. The main museums are equipped with services for disabled travelers. So don’t miss the Tretyakov Gallery in Moscow. The Moscow Museum, the Jewish Museum, the Planetarium and the Bulgakov Museum in Moscow are well equipped. In St. Petersburg you will not have problems either to visit the Hermitage, the Russian State Museum and the Faberge Museum.
If you want to enjoy a relaxed and trouble-free trip, organize it in advance, planning your transfers and visits in details, to make sure they have everything you need for an unforgettable travel. Russian Tour can help you organize your trip in the best way.
Russia is certainly a fascinating country that turns out to be a popular destination every year for many travelers, even those in wheelchairs and with reduced mobility. Following the recent progress in terms of accessibility of the structures, we are registering more and more requests for tours in which one or more participants in the journey are disabled. Based on the experience accumulated in previous trips organized, we can offer itineraries based on your needs, providing:
- hotel rooms accessible by wheelchair and equipped with bathrooms with grab bars and floor-level showers
- assistance at the airport
- transfers by special private car
- reservation of the seats for disabled people on the trains
- organization of tailor-made excursions accessible to everyone
- Italian speaking personal guide who will follow you during the tour
- hire of aids such as lifts or wheelchairs
- specialized staff available upon request